Full-time regular and Part-time regular employees of the College are provided with paid holidays as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May).
- Independence Day (July 4th).
- Labor Day (observed as a holiday during the Christmas break and is designated for observance by the Office of Human Resources). See Holiday Schedule published annually by the Office of Human Resources.
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Friday after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
- Other holidays are provided between 12/25 and 12/31 and are communicated on an annual basis
On these holidays, most of the College's offices will be closed. Holidays which fall on Saturday or Sunday will generally be observed on the preceding Friday or the following Monday. Holidays are not paid during unpaid leaves of absence.
A definitive list of College holidays is distributed annually by the Office of Human Resources prior to July 1st of each year. Additionally, the “Holiday Memo” identifies “Days of Celebration” which are NOT holidays but are special days observed by the College community each year. Employees are encouraged to participate in these Days of Celebration (e.g., Mountain Day, Exploring Labor, Service and Learning Day and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) but, if they choose not to participate, employees are expected to work at their normal duties.
A current listing of holidays is available on the Human Resources website at: https://www.berea.edu/human-resources/ .