The College is committed to providing full-time and part-time regular employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to afford you and any legal dependents financial security and peace of mind in the event of illness, injury, disability, retirement or unemployment. The benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance Plan
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Section 125 FLEX Plan for Medical Spending Account and Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan
- Child Development Laboratory for Children ages six weeks to six years
- Seabury Center Membership
- Unemployment Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability and Personal Loss Insurance
- Use of Campus Facilities, Programs and Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
Summary Plan Descriptions of all benefit plans are available at the time of enrollment or may be obtained through the Office of Human Resources. Eligibility for coverage under these insurance plans varies dependent on the employee’s enrollment date.
This section of the Employee Handbook lists some features of these benefit programs. Complete descriptions of these programs are contained in master contracts. In the event of any contradiction between the information appearing in these policies or in the summary plan descriptions and the information that appears in the master contracts or master plan documents, the master contracts and master plan documents govern in all cases.
The College may amend or terminate any of these employee benefit programs with or without prior notice or may require or increase employee premium contributions toward any of these benefits at its sole discretion. These reserved rights may be exercised even in the absence of financial necessity.
A current summary can be viewed at: https://www.berea.edu/human-resources/